Purification of the Brescia side of Lake Garda - Comparing solutions
Acque Bresciane opens a phase of information and listening to the stakeholders of the territory to illustrate the solutions identified for the new system of collection and purification of the Brescia side of Lake Garda and to collect doubts and questions to be transmitted to the bodies called to choose the hypothesis object of the Conference of Services. Three tables - dedicated to administrators, associations and technicians - to present the solutions where questions and requests for further investigation can emerge. The outcome of the tables and the contributions received will be formalized in a document that Acque Bresciane will send to the ATO as an integral part of the evaluations.
In this page Acque Bresciane makes available to the citizens the most significant documents of the path, and invites to participate to the working tables, which will be held in the next four weeks and will be video-recorded and published in this page.
From April 26 to May 4, 5 online tables were held in which 85 mayors, association representatives, technicians and politicians participated.
Recordings of the meetings are available here.
Recordings of the tables:
- Fourth multi-stakeholder table
- Fifth multi-stakeholder table
Stay updated and send your comments
Anyone can follow the developments of the path through the updates of this web page, which we will gradually enrich with information and content, and send comments or questions to the email email@example.com
By filling out this form and taking vision of the information on the processing of user data you will receive all updates on the project.
If you don't want to receive emails anymore, write to firstname.lastname@example.org
PREVIOUS STEPS AND DOCUMENTATION
The project for a new collection and purification scheme for Lake Garda is the subject of a program agreement signed in 2017 between the Ministry of the Environment and Protection of Land and Sea, the Lombardy Region and the Veneto Region. The agreement was followed in December 2017 by an operational Convention between the Ministry, the Regions, the Brescia Area Office, the Verona Basin Council and the Garda Ambiente temporary purpose association. The Convention established a Steering Committee composed of the same actors.
In 2018, Acque Bresciane commissioned a study from the University of Brescia, which was transmitted to ATO together with a technical and economic feasibility project in July 2019.
In February 2020, the Ministry of the Environment and Protection of Land and Sea established a technical panel to assess the environmental impacts of the new purification system on the Chiese River. The Ministry's final report declared the compatibility of the Chiese River with the possible discharge.
In response to the request received from Ato on December 17, 2020, to identify new location hypotheses in line with the Motion in order to update the 2020 Guidelines for the Provincial Special Company of the Province of Brescia Office Brescia approved by the Provincial Council on November 30, 2020, Acque Bresciane has deepened the evaluation of a new location for wastewater treatment.
As stated in the letter accompanying the documentation, Acque Bresciane undertakes to transmit to Ato as part of the documents the comments and proposals arising from the online working tables that will present the possible alternatives to stakeholders.
Memorandum of Understanding Ministry-Regions
- University of Brescia study on 4 design alternatives (July 2019)
- First technical-economic feasibility project of Acque Bresciane (July 2019)
Technical table convened by the Cabina di Regia
- Minutes of the Technical Table of June 1, 2020
- Observations made by the technicians appointed by the municipalities of Gavardo and Montichiari
- Observations made by the environmental committees
- Communication of the Mayors of Gavardo and Montichiari of June 25, 2020 sent to the Ministry of the Environment
- Observations of the Brescia ATO dated July 13, 2020
- Communication of the Veronese ATO of July 13, 2020
- Observations of the Lombardy Region dated July 14, 2020
- Counter-deductions to the observations of the Brescia ATO dated August 27, 2020
- Communication of the Chiese Basin Mayors of 1 September 2020
- Prescriptions of the Ministry of the Environment to protect the Chiese River dated 2 October 2020
Norms and reference documents