Purification of the Brescia side of Lake Garda
Acque Bresciane opened a phase of information and listening to local stakeholders to illustrate the solutions identified for the new collection and purification system on the Brescia side of Lake Garda and to collect doubts and questions to be forwarded to the bodies called upon to choose the hypothesis to be discussed at the Services Conference.
On this page Acque Bresciane makes the most significant documents of the process available to citizens.
29/10/2021 - Response to request for further information on the feasibility of locating the Gavardo purification plant on the east bank of the River Chiese - Download document
05/10/2021 - "Technical and economic feasibility project for the "Collecting and purification system for the
technical and economic feasibility of the project "Collecting and treatment system for the Brescia side of Lake Garda". Final measure of the services conference
preliminary - Download the document
On 16 June, Acque Bresciane delivered the new documentation requested by the Brescia Area Office:
- the technical and economic feasibility project for the Lonato - Peschiera solution, complete with timetable
- the updated time schedule for the Gavardo - Montichiari - Peschiera solution;
- the report on the condition of the Toscolano Maderno - Torri del Benaco sublacustrades, drawn up at the end of the maintenance work on the deep water from March 2021.
The latter shows that the number and severity of bioconcretions have remained substantially unchanged since the 2020 inspections. Based on these findings and due to the delicate nature of the lake environment, a new Safety Plan was drawn up, based on the most modern international standards, providing for
- the setting up of a permanent pontoon to reduce the time required for future interventions;
- scheduling by the end of the year the next inspections, originally planned for spring 2022;
- the drafting of a plan to replace the two sections most affected by the concretions with polyethylene material in the event of a resumption of the proliferation of the microorganisms responsible for the bioconcretions.
It should be noted that the sublacustrine pipelines from Toscolano Maderno to Torri del Benaco will in any case have to be decommissioned, since the Veronese shore collection and treatment scheme does not provide for the collection and treatment of effluent from the Brescia shore.
Technical and economic feasibility project
- Introductory report and overall economic framework
- Environmental pre-feasibility study
- Illustrative and hydraulic report
- Process and dimensioning calculation report
- Chronoprogramme of implementation phases
- Planimetry upper-middle Lake Garda
- Planimetry lower Lake Garda
- Project planimetry and hydraulic connections
- Flow diagram
In addition to the 2021 Technical and Economic Feasibility Project - Lonato Solution, sent to ATO on 16.06.2021, on 20.07.2021 Acque Bresciane sent the Architectural and Landscape Integration Study of the Lonato wastewater treatment plant, as already developed for the 2019 Project regarding the wastewater treatment plant located in Gavardo.
The architectural and landscape study of the Lonato water treatment plant foresees the realization of an agricultural park and a wetland open to the public, a didactic and agronomic research area, a co-working area and a sales point for products for local consumption.
From April 26 to May 4, 5 online tables were held in which 85 mayors, association representatives, technicians and politicians participated.
Recordings of the meetings are available here.
- Participants and agenda of the meetings
- Summary report of the tables
- Accompanying letter sent to ATO
- Contributions received
Recordings of the tables:
- Fourth multi-stakeholder table
- Fifth multi-stakeholder table
Stay updated and send your comments
Anyone can follow the developments of the path through the updates of this web page, which we will gradually enrich with information and content, and send comments or questions to the email firstname.lastname@example.org
By filling out this form and taking vision of the information on the processing of user data you will receive all updates on the project.
If you don't want to receive emails anymore, write to email@example.com
PREVIOUS STEPS AND DOCUMENTATION
The project for a new collection and purification scheme for Lake Garda is the subject of a program agreement signed in 2017 between the Ministry of the Environment and Protection of Land and Sea, the Lombardy Region and the Veneto Region. The agreement was followed in December 2017 by an operational Convention between the Ministry, the Regions, the Brescia Area Office, the Verona Basin Council and the Garda Ambiente temporary purpose association. The Convention established a Steering Committee composed of the same actors.
In 2018, Acque Bresciane commissioned a study from the University of Brescia, which was transmitted to ATO together with a technical and economic feasibility project in July 2019.
In February 2020, the Ministry of the Environment and Protection of Land and Sea established a technical panel to assess the environmental impacts of the new purification system on the Chiese River. The Ministry's final report declared the compatibility of the Chiese River with the possible discharge.
In response to the request received from Ato on December 17, 2020, to identify new location hypotheses in line with the Motion in order to update the 2020 Guidelines for the Provincial Special Company of the Province of Brescia Office Brescia approved by the Provincial Council on November 30, 2020, Acque Bresciane has deepened the evaluation of a new location for wastewater treatment.
As stated in the letter accompanying the documentation, Acque Bresciane undertakes to transmit to Ato as part of the documents the comments and proposals arising from the online working tables that will present the possible alternatives to stakeholders.
Memorandum of Understanding Ministry-Regions
- University of Brescia study on 4 design alternatives (July 2019)
- First technical-economic feasibility project of Acque Bresciane (July 2019)
- Corografia degli interventi - Schema B
Technical table convened by the Cabina di Regia
- Minutes of the Technical Table of June 1, 2020
- Observations made by the technicians appointed by the municipalities of Gavardo and Montichiari
- Observations made by the environmental committees
- Communication of the Mayors of Gavardo and Montichiari of June 25, 2020 sent to the Ministry of the Environment
- Observations of the Brescia ATO dated July 13, 2020
- Communication of the Veronese ATO of July 13, 2020
- Observations of the Lombardy Region dated July 14, 2020
- Counter-deductions to the observations of the Brescia ATO dated August 27, 2020
- Communication of the Chiese Basin Mayors of 1 September 2020
- Prescriptions of the Ministry of the Environment to protect the Chiese River dated 2 October 2020
Norms and reference documents