What is the Covid-19 coronavirus?
Coronaviruses are a large family of viruses known to cause diseases ranging from the common cold to more serious diseases such as Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome (SARS). The virus that causes the current coronavirus outbreak has been called "Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome Severe Coronavirus 2" (SARS-CoV-2). The disease caused by the new coronavirus has a name: "Covid-19" (where "CO" stands for coronavirus, "VI" for virus, "D" for disease and "19" indicates the year in which it occurred). [Ministero della Salute]
The main actions activated by Acque Bresciane
Acque Bresciane has tackled the risks linked to the Covid-19 epidemic right from the start, from 24 February, with organisational and safety indications, also taken in advance of certain national measures, putting all employees in a position to work in the best possible conditions to guarantee the best service.
Acque Bresciane has launched a public communication "Noi vi portiamo l’acqua, voi restate a casa: l’acqua del rubinetto è sicura!" in all the main local newspapers in the province of Brescia since March 24.
- First public communication
- Follow us on LinkedIn
- Second public communication
- Servizi&Società article
Acque Bresciane took part immediately in the working group set up by the Istituto Superiore di Sanità Ambiente e Rifiuti and contributed to the drafting of the documents:
- Indicazioni ad interim sulla gestione dei fanghi di depurazione per la prevenzione della diffusione del virus SARS-CoV-2 (release 3 april 2020)
- Indicazioni ad interim su acqua e servizi igienici in relazione alla diffusione del virus SARS-CoV-2 (release 7 april 2020)
From Friday 24 April to Tuesday 28 Acque Bresciane is in support to supply water to the military contingent of the Russian army's chemical, radiological and biological defense in the sanitation of the Rsa in the Brescia area: three teams of 25 elements at work, composed of military doctors supported by both Russian and Italian nurses and specialists. Download photos
Services for users
Following the closure of the territorial branches following the issue of the provisions on contagion containment by the competent authority, Acque Bresciane has implemented a series of actions to ensure the regularity of services, in particular:
- telephone contact at the toll-free number 800 017476 and 800 601328, as reported on the bills of the respective areas of reference;
- the channel dedicated to users for any contractual and information requests through the email channel email@example.com and the website acquebresciane.it in the online Help Desk and Forms;
- the suspension of supply interruption actions following notice of default;
- non-application of interest on arrears on issues expiring during the period of implementation of the containment measures for payments made in excess of the due date and/or 15 days following the end of the suspension of restrictions;
- possibility to request the instalment of documents through the call centre channel and/or submission of the request which can be downloaded from the website at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The emergency service 800 556595, active 24 hours a day, continues to guarantee full operations.
- 24 february 2020 - Misure di tutela dal Coronavirus
- 12 march 2020 - Misure di tutela dal Coronavirus
- 13 march 2020 - Acque Bresciane a tutela degli utenti
- 16 march 2020 - Acque Bresciane a tutela degli utenti
- 03 april 2020 - Acque Bresciane a tutela degli utenti
- 14 april 2020 - Acque Bresciane a tutela degli utenti
- 04 may 2020 - Acque Bresciane a tutela degli utenti
- 09 may 2020 - Misure di tutela dal Coronavirus
- 22 may 2020 - Progetto Archimede: la spinta dell'acqua
View epidemiological emergency information from Covid-19:
- Information on the processing of personal data for visitors in Via XXV Aprile, 18 - Rovato (BS)
- Information on the processing of personal data addressed to users of the counter of Via XXV Aprile, 18 - Rovato (BS)
- Information on the processing of personal data for visitors and users in Via Italo Barbieri, 20 - Padenghe (BS)
- Information on the processing of personal data addressed to the suppliers of the warehouse of Via Artigianato - Padenghe (BS)
Covid-19 and water
- Is drinking tap water safe?
Drinking tap water is safe. The purification practices to which tap water is subjected are effective in the abatement of viruses, together with environmental conditions that compromise virus viability (temperature, sunlight, high pH levels) and the final stage of disinfection. [Istituto Superiore di Sanità]
- Does hand washing really help prevent coronavirus infection?
Hand washing and hand disinfection are the key to preventing infection. Wash your hands often and thoroughly with soap and water for at least 20 seconds (better 40-60). If soap and water are not available, you can also use an alcohol-based hand disinfectant with at least 60% alcohol. The virus enters the body through the eyes, nose and mouth, so avoid touching them with unwashed hands. [Istituto Superiore di Sanità]
- Visit the website of the Regione Lombardia
- Visit the website of the Ministero della Salute
- Visit the website of the Istituto Superiore di Sanità
- Visit the website Viaggiare sicuri
Acque Bresciane, respecting the health directives, is continuing its activity in the area of competence through the work of its technical staff.