Skip to main content

I am the owner of a food production and/or catering business. Can I discharge into the sewer the waste water coming from the kitchen without installing a suitable device to separate vegetable and/or animal oils and fats?

No, as envisaged in art. 3.21 of the Regulation for the Integrated Water Service in the ATO of the Province of Brescia, waste water from food retail outlets and other retail businesses, including those with annexed production workshops aimed exclusively at the sale of foodstuffs, and/or from hotel and restaurant activities, at the request of the Manager, must be pre-treated in sufficiently sized grease separators. The construction of grease separators may also be imposed by the Manager on activities already connected to the sewerage system.